Lifestyle & Travel
Published on December 8th, 2013 | by Parenting Solo0
Single parent guilt – 10 things you should NOT feel bad about
Ten things which should not be the cause of single parent guilt
- Taking time out for yourself. Happy relaxed parent = happy relaxed kids.
- Using childcare.
- The hours you work. And if you do, remind yourself often WHY you are doing it.
- Opening a tin. Kids do not need to eat cooked-from-scratch dishes EVERY mealtime.
- Not always getting it right. It’s not an exam or a quiz, but even if it was, you can only do your best.
- Having a relationship. You are an adult.
- Not getting on with your ex. If you did, you’d probably still be together.
- Occasionally losing it. Because ALL parents lose it sometimes.
- Forgetting things. PE kits, returning forms to school, homework diaries… remember this though: you really DO only have one pair of (adult) hands in your household.
- How things have turned out. Simply because ultimately, they will be just fine.